lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kurtis D. Rader" <kra...@skepticism.us>
Subject RemoteSearchable and isCurrent
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 01:01:44 GMT
Does anyone have an example of how to extend a RemoteSearchable so it
properly handles updates to the indexes it is searching?  That is, how
do I have my RemoteSearchable instance monitor its indexes for changes
and either gracefully terminate (so a new instance can be started) or
reopen the indexes?

Please bear in mind that I'm a Perl guru who can barely write a working
Java program from scratch.  I have a working search interface with a
custom parser. I have a working RemoteSearchable that can be queried by
my user interface. Now I'm working on the hard parts that are needed for
a production grade application. Such as being able to gracefully have
the RemoteSearchable()'s notice when an index has been updated and use
the updated index segments.

--
Kurtis (caretaker of the exceptional canines: Nick, Einstein, BJ, and Haley)