lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From zzzzz shalev <zzzzz_sha...@yahoo.com>
Subject reversing porter stemming
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 10:33:29 GMT
is it possible to take a stemmed token from as index and run some sort of reverse porter stemming
to get a logical word, the problem is that porter stemming is very aggressive, for example:
people is indexed as peopl , so basically my quesion is

  if i have peoples , people, both indexed as peopl, is there a way to go from peopl ->
people (retrieving the root word would be fine)

  thanks