lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Alexander MASHTAKOV <amashta...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: PHP and Lucene integration
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 15:23:01 GMT
Hi,

Thank you for reply.
I've also had a look at Zend framework. But, at
this moment they do not support unicode,
which is a mandatory requirement in my case.

The other thing - performance. In order
to run faster - it's necessary to have opened
index, rather then open and close it for each request.
Index updates have to be serialized somehow and after
the update, it has to be re-opened again.

IMO, for this purpose it's better to have Lucene
in "separate process" and implement some kind of
communication protocol between PHP and Java sides
(sockets, etc)

Regards,
/Alexander