lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Rob Staveley (Tom)" <rstave...@seseit.com>
Subject RE: PHP and Lucene integration
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 14:19:13 GMT
For querying, we have PHP talking to our Java application through sockets
and XML. Queries are set up in PHP, creating an XML document which
corresponds to a subset of the subclasses of
http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/api/org/apache/lucene/search/Query.html.
If we'd had the PHP skill set at the time, we'd probably have implemented
Lucene as a web service, but this works nicely enough and is portable. We
don't interface with the application that writes to the index in PHP -
that's left to a C++ client - but once again there is a simply protocol it
uses to talk through a socket.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexander MASHTAKOV [mailto:amashtakov@yahoo.com]
Sent: 06 June 2006 14:26
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: PHP and Lucene integration

Hi Folks,

I'm working on project that is going to have free-text search mechanism. The
project is completely based on open source technologies, such as MySQL and
PHP.
I'm reading about Lucene and think that this is probably the first
candidate.

BTW, the (obvious) question is: "How to integrate PHP and Lucene ?". What
are possible ways to solve this task ?

Sure, this question was asked a lot of times ... btw need your opinion. Any
information, advices (cons and pros of a given approach), links are welcome.

Thank you a lot,
/Alexander