lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Frank Kunemann" <frank.kunem...@innosystec.de>
Subject Find out which field of document matched the query
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2006 09:29:51 GMT
Hi lucene users,

just wanted to know if there is a simple way to find out which field(s) of a
document matched the query.
In our case we have different content fields and the user can choose whether
he wants to search in all of them or just in one.
To keep the index as small as possible we don't store those fields. So when
highlighting we need to load the original files instead of just using the
document values. To optimize this a bit it would be cool to just load the
files that had hits instead of all of them.

Frank