lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From karl wettin <ka...@snigel.net>
Subject RE: Avoiding java.lang.OutOfMemoryError in an unstored field
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 09:48:16 GMT
On Tue, 2006-06-06 at 10:43 +0100, Rob Staveley (Tom) wrote:
> You are right there are going to be a lot of tokens. The entire boxy of a
> text document is getting indexed in an unstored field, but I don't see how I
> can flush a partially loaded field.

Check these out:

http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/api/org/apache/lucene/index/IndexWriter.html

void setMaxBufferedDocs(int maxBufferedDocs)
          Determines the minimal number of documents required before the
buffered in-memory documents are merging and a new Segment is created.

void setMaxFieldLength(int maxFieldLength)
          The maximum number of terms that will be indexed for a single
field in a document.

void setMergeFactor(int mergeFactor)
          Determines how often segment indices are merged by
addDocument().