lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Patricio Galeas" <patri...@galeas.de>
Subject adding term information to Index
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 19:36:07 GMT
Hello,

I try to use Lucene to make some experiments with the distribution of words
in documents. Using the TermPositionVector, one can compute some statistics
about word positions (mean, standard deviation, etc.).

It is possible to store such statistical values directly in the Lucene

For example, I want to save the statistical values of each Term (X1, X2, .,
Xn) by the index process, and get them later in query time.

Term    =>    <docNum, freq, <X1, X2, ... ,Xn> >

Should I modify the classes: IndexWriter.java and IndexReader.java?

Thank You

pgaleas