lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "David Trattnig" <david.tratt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Search precondition: matching area
Date Tue, 16 May 2006 15:51:28 GMT
Hi Mike, Hi Eks-Dev,

first of all: Thank you so much! Both of you helped me a lot & it works fine!

> > Additionally: If I submit no area
> >
> > query-string: "hello"
> >
> > the query should be applied as it would have a matching area.
>
> I'm not sure exactly what you mean.  This simple query will only return
> documents that contain the string "hello" in the default field.  Is that what
> you mean?

Yes this was exactly what i meant. So it works anyway...

BTW: Is it possible to set more than one default-field at the
QueryParser's constructor? Actually I've set it to "contents" but i'd
like to search "contents" AND "title" and matches in title should have
a higher rating.

Nice day,
david

On 5/16/06, eks dev <eksdev@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> try:
> 1.  query-string: "hello +area:home"  to get Filtering effect
>
> 2. to minimize scoring use boosts: "(hello)^HIGH_BOOST +(area:home)^LOW_BOOST"
>
> 3. If scoring via boosts does not work good enough for you, or is slow, use Filter interface
from your code... search this list for Filter