lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From lostzen <lost...@gmail.com>
Subject spell checker across multiple fields
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 14:42:57 GMT
Hello, I am trying to use the SpellChecker to suggest more popular
search terms.  It works great one only using one field, but what is
the best way to make it work across multiple fields?  I've already
created my own version of a Dictionary (based on LuceneDictionary)
which provides a dictionary off all terms across multiple fields.  I
was looking into overiding the suggestSimilar(String word, int
num_sug, IndexReader ir, String field, boolean morePopular) method but
not sure if this is the correct way?

I also thought of making multiple calls to the above method (once for
each field) and storing the term which provided the highest
doc.frecquency but was concerned about performance and quality of
suggestions.

Any coments/suggestions are much appreciated,
Thanks
Chris.