lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From petite_abeille <petite_abei...@mac.com>
Subject Re: IMAP server that uses Lucene?
Date Mon, 29 May 2006 06:34:46 GMT

On May 29, 2006, at 05:20, Bill Janssen wrote:

> I'm not sure I understand just what ZOE does, but it doesn't seem to
> be an IMAP server.

ZOË can access an IMAP server to index it, but doesn't act as an IMAP
server itself even though it provides other services (e.g. HTTP, SMTP,
POP, FTP, etc).

http://zoe.nu/

As far as I know Apache's JAMES doesn't provide any IMAP interface
either, just plain POP, SMTP and NNTP. There is some "experimental"
IMAP code in their repository for the last couple of years.

http://james.apache.org/FAQ.html#6

JBoss Mail Server purports to provide an IMAP server, not sure how far
along it is though.

http://labs.jboss.com/portal/jbossmail/index.html

There is something called "Dwarf Mail Server", which provides an
IMAP4rev1 implementation, but is not open source last time I checked.

http://www.gnome.sk/Dwarf/dwarf_mail.html

Considering how, hmmm, "byzantine" the IMAP protocol is, the paucity of
implementations shouldn't come as a surprise :(

Cheers

--
PA, Onnay Equitursay
http://alt.textdrive.com/