lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Monsur Hossain" <mons...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: preloading / "warming up" the index
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2006 03:12:29 GMT
When Lucene first issues a query, it caches a hash of sort values (one
value per document, plus a bit more if you are sorting on strings),
which takes a while.  Therefore, when our application first starts up,
we issue one query per sort type.  As I understand, it doesn't matter
what the query is or how complicated it is.

Monsur