lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Monsur Hossain" <>
Subject Re: preloading / "warming up" the index
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2006 03:12:29 GMT
When Lucene first issues a query, it caches a hash of sort values (one
value per document, plus a bit more if you are sorting on strings),
which takes a while.  Therefore, when our application first starts up,
we issue one query per sort type.  As I understand, it doesn't matter
what the query is or how complicated it is.

On 5/31/06, Charles Mi <> wrote:
> Is there a way to preload the index into memory when the process starts?
> Basically I want to warm up the index before processing user queries. What
> are some recommended ways to do this? Thanks.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message