lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <ysee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SpanNearQuery .equals()/.hash()
Date Sat, 06 May 2006 18:14:23 GMT
Yes, most of Lucene's Query equals() and hashCode() methods consider
clause order important (including BooleanQuery).  It's like
List.equals() vs Set.equals()

I'm not sure if it's worth fixing them all or not... implementing set
equality with an underlying list can certainly be more expensive (some
kind of HashSet would be more efficient for that).

Users can also get this behavior by normalizing or sorting clauses.

-Yonik