lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ariel Isaac Romero" <isaacr...@gmail.com>
Subject How to merge lucene indexes ???
Date Mon, 15 May 2006 17:51:21 GMT
  Hi every body:

   I need to know how to merge an index into another.

   I have a master index whose another indexes are added to it from others
nodes . I want to merge indexes from the

others nodes to master index, I made this method:

      public void merge(String MasterIndexDir, String IndexToMerge) {

            FSDirectory fsDir;
            try {
                fsDir = FSDirectory.getDirectory(IndexDir, false);
                IndexReader indexToMerge = IndexReader.open(IndexToMerge);
                AnalyzerHandler analyzer = new AnalyzerHandler();
                IndexWriter fsWriter = new IndexWriter(fsDir,
analyzer.getAnalyzer(), false);

                fsWriter.addIndexes(new IndexReader[] {indexToMerge});
                fsWriter.close();

            } catch (IOException e) {
                System.err.println(e.getMessage());
                e.printStackTrace();
            }

    }

But with this method I get the following exception:

Lock obtain timed out: Lock@C:\DOCUME~1\a\LOCALS~1\Temp\lucene-
f9488d465badf2bf80c713184c580f65-write.lock
java.io.IOException: Lock obtain timed out: Lock@C
:\DOCUME~1\aromero\LOCALS~1\Temp\lucene-
f9488d465badf2bf80c713184c580f65-write.lock
    at org.apache.lucene.store.Lock.obtain(Lock.java:58)
    at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.<init>(IndexWriter.java:223)
    at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.<init>(IndexWriter.java:213)
    at cu.co.cenatav.kernel.indexing.MergeIndexes.merge(MergeIndexes.java
:18)
    at cu.co.cenatav.kernel.indexing.MergeIndexes.main(MergeIndexes.java:36)

Could you help me ???
I don't know why this is happening ???

Sorry for my english.