lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Making SpanQuery more effiicent
Date Tue, 23 May 2006 18:29:45 GMT

: Unfortunately, I want to have subqueries inside my query (e.g. (t1 AND
: t2) NEAR (t3 OR t4)), and PhraseQuery seems to allow only Terms inside
: it.

In that case, you aren't just using SpanQuery for the use of slop -- you
are using the Span information, you just don't realize it (that's how all
of the SpanQueries work -- the get the Slop information from the sub
queries and propogate them up.  (which is also why you can't use just any
only Query as a clause in a SpanNearQuery)

: > > As I use SpanQuery purely for the use of slop, I was wondering how to
: > > make SpanQuery more efficient,. Since I don't need any span
: > > information, is there a way to disable the computation for span and
: > > other unneeded overhead?

-Hoss