lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: grouping search results
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 18:08:16 GMT

: redundant work. My next idea was to create a QueryFilter from the
: user's query, and run a search for each category with this filter and
: a term query. Since the QueryFilter is supposed to cache results,
: this should theoretically be more efficient. So my questions to the

if you did an approach like this, the scores for each document in each
result set would be the same for each set -- becaue the "Query" is just on
the category term -- the Users's query would only be used to Filter, so
the score value would be ignored.

: 2) Is there yet another way to accomplish what I need?

Off hte top of my head, the best way i can think to do this (if the list
of categories is fixed and known in advance as you said) is with a
HitCollector that maintains a Bounded PriorityQuery for each category.  as
it collects matches, it can look up which category they are in using the
FieldCache and add them to the appropriate queue.

-Hoss