lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Wildcard with Words Ending in 'e'
Date Thu, 04 May 2006 20:30:21 GMT

: now very useful when combined. I'm going to investigate other means of
: taking into account the wildcard queries and handling them in a
: different way. Rest assured that if I find a solution I'll post it to
: the user group.

the most straight forward solution is to have two indexed files -- one
that's stemmed which you use for normal "word granularity" searching, and
one that's unstemmed (probably whitespaced tokenized with a lowercase
filter) that you use when people give you wildcard like characters.

what i was refering to was the problem of trying to use wildcards on a
stemmed field -- there's no simple solution to that problem, because
untill you've looked up all the possible matching values, you don't know
what the possible stemms might be.

-Hoss