lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: problem with eclipse and lucene 1.9.1
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 09:59:40 GMT

On May 18, 2006, at 2:17 AM, Amir Hosein Jadidi Nejad wrote:
> I want to use lucene1.9.1 in Eclipse IDE in windows platform, but i
> can't create new project with "Java Project from Existing Ant
> Buildfile" in "New Project" window.
> when i use "build.xml" in top level of lucene source folder,
> following error is occur : "specified buildfile does not contain a
> javac task".
> is anybody can help me ???

Lucene's build.xml uses some advanced techniques that it seems
Eclipse isn't dealing with.  build.xml <import>s common-build.xml
which <macrodef>s a compile task which is a wrapper around <javac>.

Are you wanting to have an Eclipse project that works with the Lucene
source code itself?  Or are you using the Lucene JAR in another
project of your own source code?  It's easy enough to create a
project in Eclipse to work with Lucene's source, ignoring build.xml.
Lucene's core has no external dependencies so simply configure a new
project with src/java for the source code.

	Erik