lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Satuluri, Venu_Madhav" <Venu.Madhav.Satul...@deshaw.com>
Subject RE: How to do analysis when creating a query programmatically?
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 15:28:03 GMT
Thanks very much Erik. The QueryParser method was pretty useful in
writing my own one.

-Venu

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Hatcher [mailto:erik@ehatchersolutions.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2006 7:09 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to do analysis when creating a query programmatically?

On May 18, 2006, at 8:08 AM, Satuluri, Venu_Madhav wrote:
> Is there any way to run my Query object through my analyzer? Or is
> there
> another solution?

But of course.  Have a look at the source code to
QueryParser.getFieldQuery() - it does this very thing.  I'm glad to
see more folks creating queries programatically using a blend of
QueryParser, analysis, or just plain ol' StringTokenizer.  The
expressiveness of queries is of the utmost importance, and
QueryParser is pretty BASIC.  Most of the applications I've worked on
have used custom techniques for creating the Query.

	Erik