lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Satuluri, Venu_Madhav" <Venu.Madhav.Satul...@deshaw.com>
Subject How to do analysis when creating a query programmatically?
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 12:08:15 GMT
Hi all,

I have recently shifted to creating queries programmatically rather than
using the QueryParser as this gave me more flexibility. I am facing a
new problem, though: when indexing my fields are being analyzed (on a
per-field basis: most are being stemmed etc, some are keywords returned
as it is), but the query doesn't get analyzed as I construct it myself.
This means that many legitimate documents don't come up as results.

Is there any way to run my Query object through my analyzer? Or is there
another solution?

Thanks in advance,
Venu