lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Van Nguyen" <vngu...@wynnesystems.com>
Subject RE: sorting issues
Date Tue, 23 May 2006 22:59:13 GMT
I was expecting it to be sorted alphabetically by a field....

I think I may have figured out my own question.  I was tokenizing the
field I wanted to sort.  Changed it so that it's not tokenizing that
field and I'm getting the results that I was expecting.

Thanks,

Van Nguyen
Wynne Systems, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: karl wettin [mailto:kalle@snigel.net]
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 3:42 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: sorting issues

On Tue, 2006-05-23 at 15:42 -0700, Van Nguyen wrote:

> Does anyone have any sorting issues in lucene?  When lucene is
> returning results from my query, I get results similar to this:
>
> E.D. BULLARD
> E.D. BULLARD
> MINE SAFETY APPL MSA
> NORTH SAFETY PRODUCT
> NORTH SAFETY PRODUCT
> MINE SAFETY APPL MSA
> MINE SAFETY APPL MSA
> NORTH SAFETY PRODUCT

What did you expect, and why?

This communication and any documents, files, or previous electronic mail messages attached
to it constitute
an electronic communication within the scope of the Electronic Communication Privacy Act,
18 USCA 2510.
This communication may contain non-public, confidential, or legally privileged information
intended for the
sole use of the designated recipient(s). The unlawful interception, use or disclosure of such
information is
strictly prohibited under 18 USCA 2511 and any applicable laws.