lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Maybe a bug of lucene 1.9
Date Tue, 30 May 2006 15:27:53 GMT

On May 29, 2006, at 6:34 AM, hu andy wrote:
> I indexed a collection of Chinese documents. I use a special
> segmentation
> api to do the analysis, because the segmentation of Chinese is
> different
> from English.

I'll second Otis' request about the special segmentation api.  If it
is open source, I'd love to tinker with it.  中文是不太难。  :)

> A strange thing happened.   With lucene 1.4 or lucene 2.0, it will
> be all
> right to retrieve the corresponding documents given the terms that
> exist in
> the index  *.tis file(I wrote a program to pick the terms from
> the .tis file
> and search them).  But with 1.9, for some terms that existed in the
> index, I
> couldn't retrieve the corresponding document.
>
> Can anybody give me some advice about this? Thank you in advance.

If you can share an example that demonstrates an issue, we'd love to
have it and incorporate it into our test suite and fix the
implementation if a bug exists.   A working example of a bug can get
fixed much easier than looking for needles in a haystack.

	Erik