lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From <Charles.Sand...@gxs.com>
Subject java.io.IOException: Cannot delete
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 20:54:13 GMT
When attempting to re-create my index, I receive the following error:

java.io.IOException: Cannot delete C:\CatalogCollections\Live\_2s.cfs
 at org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.create(FSDirectory.java:198)
 at
org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.getDirectory(FSDirectory.java:144)
 at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.<init>(IndexWriter.java:224)

I can create my index and index data with no problems.  If I attempt to
re-create the index before I ever perform a search, the index is
re-created with no exceptions.  But once I perform a search and then
attempt to re-create the index, I always receive the IOException.

To re-create the collection I am using:
IndexWriter writer = new IndexWriter(indexDir, new StandardAnalyzer(),
true);

To search the index, I am using:
MultiSearcher
and
QueryParser

I do not understand how the search could contribute to the exception I
am seeing.  Totally baffled.  Any way to determine what "other" process
is using the file mentioned in the exception?

I'm running:
Windows XP
Tomcat 5.5.9
JDK 1.5.0_04