lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From <Tim.Wri...@informa.com>
Subject Handling hyphens and other puncuation in proper nouns
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 17:10:09 GMT
Hi all,

We're having issues searching for proper nouns (names) which have
punctuation in; things like "a-blah" or "blah'x". I suspect the
StandardAnalyzer is replacing the punctuation with spaces, and we get
back results that just contain "blah".

Any suggestions? I'm guessing we could write our own Analyzer, but I
suspect this has come up before and wondered if there was an easier way
to solve the problem!

Many thanks,

Tim.
The information contained in this email message may be confidential. If you are not the intended
recipient, any use, interference with, disclosure or copying of this material is unauthorised
and prohibited. Although this message and any attachments are believed to be free of viruses,
no responsibility is accepted by Informa for any loss or damage arising in any way from receipt
or use thereof.  Messages to and from the company are monitored for operational reasons and
in accordance with lawful business practices.
If you have received this message in error, please notify us by return and delete the message
and any attachments.  Further enquiries/returns can be sent to postmaster@informa.com