lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Marcus Falck" <marcus.fa...@observer.se>
Subject SV: SV: SV: SV: SV: Sort problematics
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 18:23:06 GMT
Sound very interesting. But the thing is that my system shouldn't benefit so much of this kind
of caching.
Since the searches are triggered by thousands of different companies that mainly searches
for their own products.

/
Marcus

________________________________

Från: Erik Hatcher [mailto:erik@ehatchersolutions.com]
Skickat: to 2006-05-18 20:09
Till: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Ämne: Re: SV: SV: SV: SV: Sort problematics

On May 18, 2006, at 11:33 AM, Marcus Falck wrote:
> But it will still require A LOT of RAM just to cache!

Well, the more RAM you have the better when it comes to Solr
responsiveness, I'm sure.  But, Solr leverages some caching
cleverness so the queries and filters used most frequently are in RAM
and lesser used items get dropped from the cache and loaded
dynamically.  Quite cool stuff!  I'm just beginning to leverage it
myself and its working nicely.

        Erik