lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Lucene search optimization
Date Tue, 30 May 2006 15:22:30 GMT
Sami,

You're on to the right approach seeking something other than
FuzzyQuery.  FuzzyQuery is rarely generally useful and there are
other ways to achieve the same sort of thing (soundex, metaphone) in
an efficient manner.

If you could share some details about these properties and how you
need to query them I'm sure the community could offer suggestions on
an efficient and clean implementation.  Without details, its not
possible to (easily) know how recommend a specific technique.

	Erik