lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Chun Wei Ho" <>
Subject Adding a new search field but needs searching for all
Date Wed, 10 May 2006 09:32:15 GMT
I have a large Lucene index that I am planning on adding one or more
search fields, and perform searches on them.

How do I include results from the other documents that do not have the
new field? For example, I have 10 million documents in a index, and I
update 200 of them adding the field "b" = 1, 100 of them with field
"b" = 2. How do I write a query such that I can specify "b" != 1 and
get 10million minus 100 (including the ones that do not have the field
"b"). Or do I have to update all the documents (potentially time
consuming since it means deleting and inserting each document in

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message