lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Omar Didi" <od...@Cyveillance.com>
Subject best way to get specific results
Date Thu, 25 May 2006 14:35:52 GMT
Hi all,

I need to be able to get specific documents out of the returned documents without the need
to retrieve all the other documents.
just to describe my case, the user is allowed to specify in the queryString the page number
and number of results to return. for example if a query returns 1000 results, the user is
interested only in the results between 500&550. the way I implemented it is run a normal
query using IndexSercher.search(Query()) and then get the specified documents out of the hits
object.
I am wondering if there is a more efficient way than this, is using TopDocs better than the
hits object, knowing that some users may need more than a 1000 docs back in one query?.

thank you for your help,

Omar.