lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Michael J. Prichard" <michael_prich...@mac.com>
Subject Document design and analyzer questions?
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 17:40:12 GMT
Hello,

I will try this again....

I am working on a system that will index emails and their attachments.
I have all the pieces working that parse the documents and I am now
working on the actual indexing part.  I would like to have synonym
searching as well.

Question is two fold.  One, here is the layout I was thinking:

ItemID:  Unindexed, Stored
ItemGUID: Unindexed, Stored
ItemType: Indexed, Stored
ItemDate: Indexed, Unstored
ItemKeywords: Indexed, Unstored
ItemName: Indexed, Unstored
ItemContent: Indexed, Unstored
ItemFrom: Indexed, Unstored
ItemTo: Indexed, Unstored
ItemCC: Indexed, Unstored
ItemBCC: Indexed, Unstored

Searches will be combinations of To, From, CC, Date and Content.   Does
this look ok?

Also, any recommendations on what analyzer to use?  I was thinking the
synonym analyzer based on the one in the Lucene in Action book.

Thanks,
Michael