lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Simon Courtenage <cour...@westminster.ac.uk>
Subject [Java-lucene] Problem with Web demo in lucene 2.0?
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 08:12:48 GMT
Hi,

I'm new to Lucene but trying it out.  I've successfully installed the
luceneweb.war for the indexHTML
web demo, but am getting an error when tomcat tries to compile the
results.jsp part of the demo as it
tries to answer a search query.  The error message (see below) says that
the QueryParser.parse() method
in results.jsp takes three arguments, but the compiler complains that it
should only take one.

Here is the error message I get:

------ error message

An error occurred at line: 60 in the jsp file: /results.jsp
Generated servlet error:
The method parse(String) in the type QueryParser is not applicable for
the arguments (String, String, Analyzer)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServletWrapper.java:510)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:375)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)

Is there a simple solution to this?

Many thanks!!

Simon Courtenage

--
Dr. Simon Courtenage
Software Systems Engineering Research Group