lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@syr.edu>
Subject Re: Seeing what's occupying all the space in the index
Date Fri, 26 May 2006 17:37:41 GMT
It seems odd to me that if you are using the CFS format, why you would
have the .fdt, .frq and .prx files in addition to the .cfs files.  My
understanding is all files (except deletable and segment) get put inside
of the CFS file.  Looking at my indices, I only have the CFS file.  Are
you optimizing your indices after you are done indexing?  Are you
turning off compound file format?

Can you try a smaller sample in a clean directory and see what size it
is (so that it doesn't take as long to index)?

--

Grant Ingersoll
Sr. Software Engineer

http://www.cnlp.org