lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Rahil <qam...@cs.man.ac.uk>
Subject Re: IOException Access Denied errors [ modified]
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 16:45:14 GMT
Hi Paul

Paul.Illingworth@saaconsultants.com wrote:

>I can only think that the problem you're having is peculiar to your setup
>or the way in which you are using Lucene. A wild guess - are you reaching
>quota limits on your filesystem or something like this?

No I have around 50GB free on my extrenal disk in which Im creating the
indexes. So hopefully that shouldnt be the problem.

>Another wild guess - it seems to be throwing the exception when merging
>segments. Are you sure you've got write access to the directory that the
>lock file is being created in. Lucene In Action has some details about
>index locking and how you can change the location of the lock file - I'm
>not sure if this has been tweaked in 1.9 though.

Its a very elementary question but where are the lock files created in?
I had assumed the lock files to be a part of the index dicrectory. I
havent manually assigned any locking directory so have no clue. Could
you please shed some light ???

Thanks
Rahil