lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From AsifTheManRahman <a4rah...@engmail.uwaterloo.ca>
Subject Analyzer question
Date Fri, 19 May 2006 13:55:53 GMT

I need to know how the following analyzers work:

Whitespace
Keyword

I am looking for an analyzer that will result in a hit if the string that is
queried appears in the document being searched. For example, if I am looking
for "A_B_C", then I want the analyzer to detect all of the following
patterns: XXXA_B_CXXX, A_B_C, A_B_CXXX, XXXA_B_C, where XXX can be any
character, string, etc.

I am using the Whitespace analyzer right now and it looks like it only
detects A_B_C when it appears in the document as a single string, i.e.
wrapped around by white spaces (which is what the Whitespace analyzer is
supposed to do, if I'm not mistaken). However, I have tried using the
Keyword Analyzer with 1.9.1 as well, but in vain. I would like to know how
exactly this analyzer would tokenize, say, the patterns mentioned above.

Besides, the KeywordAnalyzer I believe is only available in lucene 1.9.1,
but I prefer 1.4.3 in this case.

Is there any other analyzer that could probably serve my purpose? If not,
then I'm guessing I'll have to build my own. Since I am new to this kind of
stuff, I was wondering if anyone could give me a heads-on on how/where to
start.

Thanks in advance.