lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Eric Jain <Eric.J...@isb-sib.ch>
Subject Re: IndexUpdateListener
Date Mon, 15 May 2006 07:23:24 GMT
Chris Hostetter wrote:
> THe only usefull callback/listner abstractions i can think of are when you
> want to know if someone has finished with a set of changes -- wether that
> change is adding one document, deleting one document, or adding/deleting a
> whole bunch of documents isn't really relevent, you still want to know
> that a complete "set" has been modified, so you aren't constantly flushing
> caches or reopening IndexReaders everytime a single document is added.

Speaking of listeners: Would be great if there was a way to know when
optimize() changes a document ID. Storing document IDs externally is the
only way to merge Lucene queries with queries in a relational database
efficiently (as far as I know), but the inability to track document ID
changes complicates things a bit...