lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: Updating documents in index with some fields not stored
Date Thu, 11 May 2006 10:01:48 GMT
Chun Wei Ho wrote:
> (2) I understand Luke is able to reconstruct the field so that the
> document can be re-inserted. Can someone give me a hint on how its
> done and if its potentially too time consuming for a large index (up
> to million docs and too many terms to count).

Ah, I forgot to mention: when that function in Luke was written, term
vector support was still a bit shaky. Nowadays, if the index is created
with term vectors with positions, I would rather use that information to
reconstruct the doc. This should be very quick.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><