lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Gordon Rogers <g.rog...@intrallect.com>
Subject Re: Wildcard with Words Ending in 'e'
Date Thu, 04 May 2006 08:01:29 GMT
Chris

Your shot in the dark was correct, I am using Porter Stemming. Thanks to your excellent response
understand now why wildcards and stemming are now very useful when combined. I'm going to

investigate other means of taking into account the wildcard queries and handling them in a
different
way. Rest assured that if I find a solution I'll post it to the user group.

Gordon