lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <>
Subject Re: Search oddities
Date Thu, 25 May 2006 15:48:19 GMT

On May 25, 2006, at 11:01 AM, Daniel Naber wrote:

> On Donnerstag 25 Mai 2006 16:18, wrote:
>> When we search (using QueryParser) for the phrase "t-
>> mobile" (including
>> quotes)
> t-mobile becomes "t mobile", but "t" is a stopword by default. Why?
> Maybe
> the person who added it has a dislike for German Telekom :-) But
> seriously, you should probably file a bug report. Workaround for
> now is to
> use your own stopwords.

"t" is a stop word because words like "don't" get analyzed into [don]

In the short term, its not really a bug but just the nature of how it
was meant to be.  Changing the default stop words in the 1.9/2.0
releases isn't going to happen... but certainly lobbying for this to
be more sensible in the future is worth it.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message