lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IOException Access Denied errors [ modified]
Date Thu, 25 May 2006 00:29:04 GMT
I wonder if it would shed any light on the issue if you separated the two?
In other words, what would happen if you mocked up your MySQL connection and
just generated "responses" for Lucene to index without having the database
drivers even loaded?

Also, you could write the data from MySQL out to a flat file, say in some
fixed format. If that worked, then index from the flat file instead of the
database and see if the issue went away (I guess I'm thinking two separate
programs here, up to you).

At least that *might* give you a clue where the issue was. Note: I'm *not*
suggesting that this is what you do in production, but since we're all
stumped on what's going on, maybe this would help pinpoint where the problem
is.

Of course, in the unfortunate case that all the above worked, you're reduced
to "something is wonky when the two try to play together", which isn't very
helpful :(. But at least you'd be more confident that it wasn't something
head-slapping obvious.

FWIW
Erick