lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: lucene
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 12:40:00 GMT
Alberto:

Not a problem. You can add more data to an index even as it is being read by
your application.

HOWEVER, you must close and reopen your IndexReaders before the
newly-indexed data is available to the readers. This is an expensive
operation, so I would close/open the IndexReader judiciously.

NOTE: when you instantiate the IndexWriter, use false for the create
parameter or you'll erase your existing index.

You can also create an index in a *different* directory and then use a
MultiReader or Searcher, but that requires re-compiling your application to
add in the new indexes, and I assume that's not what you want.

I don't know about Spanish support.

Best
Erick