lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Vikas Khengare" <Vikas_Kheng...@symantec.com>
Subject Can I do "Google Suggest" Like Search? - - - from - - -vikas
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 07:41:29 GMT
Hi Friend

            I want to perform search like "Google search" which will
give suggestions to user.

So when I type "L" it will give me search options names which will start
from "L". Then when I will type "Lu" then it should give me options for
names which are starting from "Lu". & so on ......

1) Does Lucene provide any API for doing so?

2) Can I use Sort / Filter classes for it?

3) Or do I need to handle it in java (may be any other language)?

with best regards

vikas r. khengare

Veritas Software India Private Ltd.

Symantec Corporation

Pune, India

                        [ Enjoy your life today.... because yesterday
had gone.... and tommorow may never come . ]