lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Bryzek.Michael" <Michael.Bry...@uwa.unitedway.org>
Subject RE: Does lucene works with NFS?
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 18:22:27 GMT
We ran into a problem when implementing a similar infrastructure using NFS. We were updating
our indexes continuously throughout the day which caused disk space problems when using NFS.
I no longer recall the specific details, but in our configuration, NFS did not appear to flush
stale file handles which then consumed disk space. Your configuration is different enough,
esp. w/ updates planned for a specific time frame, that NFS might be a good solution.

It may also be worth taking a close look at Solr. They provide for index replication via rsync.
We are in the process of moving from a custom Lucene application to a Solr based search application
and are extremely pleased with progress thus far.

-Mike