lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Nicholas Van Weerdenburg" <nvanweerdenb...@dyadem.com>
Subject RE: Integrating a J2EE Application into "Generic" Enterprise Search
Date Fri, 26 May 2006 03:31:18 GMT
Both sound interesting, but what I want is to be able to generate the intermediate xml that
most enterprise search servers could use to quickly integrate with them.

e.g.
customer 1 uses retrievalware for enterprise search
customer 2 uses Solr
customer 3 uses yyy.

How do I build our my functionality to support RetrievalWare, Solr, and YYY?

One thought is to build a directory view that invites crawlers in to auto-index.

DBSight sounds interesting but it does't help me with other enterprise search tools from the
sounds of it. I'm also thinking that our database schema is resistant to sql-oriented queries.

Thanks,
Nick