lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Nicholas Van Weerdenburg" <nvanweerdenb...@dyadem.com>
Subject Integrating a J2EE Application into "Generic" Enterprise Search
Date Thu, 25 May 2006 16:47:51 GMT
Hi,

I am planning to integrate Lucene into our application. However, I also
want to support the general enterprise search market and what our
customers have installed.

Ideally, we would develop:

1.	generic search support services

	a.	index records into logical "document-centric" records
with urls for access.
	b.	Triggers to generated updated records in real time.
	c.	Batch indexer for generation of intial data for search
engine.

2.	specific search enginer support - e.g. lucene, retrievalware,
etc.

Are there any enterprise search intergration standards (e.g. xml
schema)?

Any recommendations for best approaching this?

Thanks,

Nick