lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From pbat...@gmx.net
Subject Re: Subject indexing and seraching documents with multiple languages
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 08:18:40 GMT
Karl,

no, you didn't misunderstand. We have to admit that we were not aware of the
possibility to use different analyzers for the documents in an index. It
seems that we were working to close to the examples and did not spend enough
time to RTFM. Thank you for the hint!

Grant,

considering the answer from Karl, it seems that we have to choice to put all
the documents in one index or use an index for each language. You are using
an index for each language. We are currently discussing the pros and cons
for both solutions. Thus we would be very interested to find out about your
reasons to use a separate index for each language.

Thanks again for taking the time to answer our question!

Greeting

Stefan and Peter