lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Maybe a bug of lucene 1.9
Date Tue, 30 May 2006 15:12:41 GMT
Andy,

Since you said things work with Lucene 2.0, but not 1.9, I imagine this is due to some bug
in 1.9 that was fixed for 2.0.  Which one, I don't know.  Since 2.0 is out now, this may no
longer be an issue for you.

Your tool for picking terms from the .tis file sounds interesting.  If you want to contribute
that, please attach it to a JIRA issue.  One day we should have a set of tools for dissecting
and analyzing indices, and this type of tool might help with that.

Otis

----- Original Message ----
From: hu andy <andyhugb@gmail.com>
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Monday, May 29, 2006 3:34:27 AM
Subject: Maybe a bug of lucene 1.9

I indexed a collection of Chinese documents. I use a special segmentation
api to do the analysis, because the segmentation of Chinese is different
from English.

 A strange thing happened.   With lucene 1.4 or lucene 2.0, it will be all
right to retrieve the corresponding documents given the terms that exist in
the index  *.tis file(I wrote a program to pick the terms from the .tis file
and search them).  But with 1.9, for some terms that existed in the index, I
couldn't retrieve the corresponding document.

Can anybody give me some advice about this? Thank you in advance.