lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From SG Edwards <s0460...@sms.ed.ac.uk>
Subject Anyone used Zilverline?
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 07:27:53 GMT
Dear all,

I am a PhD student working on a text-mining project and I have a
literature collection in a Postgres database. I now need to make this
rapidly searchable for users through a web-interface so I have been
looking at Lucene.

I have been looking at the Zilverline search tool
(http://www.zilverline.org/zilverlineweb/space/home) which seems quite
nice, particularly that you can use PDF, HTML or text collections. Does
anyone have experience of this system or could someone recommend an
alternative for fast database searching? If it would be better I could
store the collection as  text files rather than in a database.

Thanks for your help, any hints appreciated!

Stephen Edwards,
PhD student,
University of Edinburgh