lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Martin Kobele <>
Subject Re: Some documents are not added to the index
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 16:09:27 GMT
On Wednesday 17 May 2006 12:03, Yonik Seeley wrote:
> On 5/17/06, Martin Kobele <> wrote:
> > several threads add document to the same index.
> > As noted in the FAQ, adding documents is thread safe.
> > (I even synchronize my static index writer when I add documents. just to
> > make sure.)
> >
> > However, after addind all my documents, the index does not contain all of
> > the documents.
> We add documents via multiple threads all the time... no problems.
> Are you explicitly closing the IndexWriter only *after* all of your
> theads are finised adding docs?

yes, I wait until all the threads are done.
Then I do a ctrl-c which sends a signal to all threads to close the index

> There may also be a bug in your code that adds the 512 documents (not
> synchronizing the clients properly could cause your count to be off).
luke tells me how many documents are in my index. I open the index in luke
after I closed my app.

all I do is this (after creating the document):

> -Yonik
> Solr, the open-source Lucene search server
> For additional commands, e-mail:

Martin Kobele
Software Engineer
Netsweeper Inc.