lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kiran Joisher" <kiran.jois...@recreatesolutions.com>
Subject Updating index if there is a database changes
Date Wed, 03 May 2006 07:31:46 GMT
Hi all,

I m working on a project where I will use lucene to make a search engine on
a database. I am new to lucene. I wrote a test program which indexes a table
and searches the same.. but now I m stuck on how to update the index in case
a database change occurs.. I need some help on this topic...like how do I
update the index at run time... can it be done then and there...or do I have
to write some kind of schedular program which "re-builds" the entire index
say once in a day ... which will be more efficient ?

the data will be huge... 4 million records something..

Thanks in advance,
--Kiran