lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ramana Jelda" <ramana.je...@ciao-group.com>
Subject OutOfMemoryError while enumerating through reader.terms(fieldName)
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 10:55:06 GMT
Hi,
I am getting OutOfMemoryError , while enumerating through  TermEnum  after
invoking reader.terms(fieldName).

Just to provide you more information, I have almost 10000 unique terms in
field A. I can successfully enumerate around 5000terms but later I am
gettting OutOfMemoryError.

I set jvm max memory as 512MB , Ofcourse my index is bigger than this memory
around 1GB-2GB..
How can I ask lucene to cleanup loaded index and traverse through remaining
terms.. It seems while enumerating memory always grows in steps of some MBs.

Any help would be really appreciable.

Thanks in advance,
Jelda