lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From karl wettin <ka...@snigel.net>
Subject Re: Per-Field Similarity
Date Tue, 23 May 2006 22:23:43 GMT
On Tue, 2006-05-23 at 14:49 -0700, Chris Hostetter wrote:
> i've definitely wished more then once that they took in a field name
> as a parameter.

+1 for starting a branch with non-depricated radically reconstructed
fields after release of 2.0.

I'd be happy to document all design discussions with UML. If it works
well in theory someone is bound to type in the code. Maybe even I.

I'm sure it will find its way back to the trunk if it is good enough.

And maybe some Scorer-people should join in to glance at a more
pluggable per-search scoring strategy without all the hardwired code.
Have a look at per-term position  boosting, et.c.

That would be really great.

Anyone with six months of vacation?