lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Philippe Deslauriers <deslauri...@beetext.com>
Subject RE: Occurence (freq) and ordering
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 14:48:21 GMT
Thanks for the Field.setOmitNorms(true) tip!

Regarding the Similarity implementation I am trying to do, somehow it does
not work.

Here's what I understand:

Scorer implementation uses the method defined in Similarity, to compute
score. (the formula expressed in
"http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/api/org/apache/lucene/search/Similarity.
html" is implemented in the scorer.

According to the formula if all my methods return 1, except for tf(freq)
which simply returns freq, all should work.

score(q,d) = SUM (t in q) : tf(freq) * 1 * 1 * 1 * 1 * 1 * 1

By example doc contains 3 times the word "test", and 1 time the word
"example", and the query was looking for both words, the score for the doc
should be 4.

But whatever I do, score is 1.

What I am missing?

Thanks